Created a simple SPD workflow (SharePoint 2010) with just two lines:
1) Assign a To-do item “Test” to myself
2) Log a message “job’s done” to history list
I then ran the workflow which created a task “Test” for myself;
I open the task and click “Complete Task” and the dialog box was closed;
Then in the task list, the “Status” column for the task has been changed to “Completed”, but the “% Complete” and the “Outcome” columns remained empty, which are supposed to be “100%” and “Completed”.
The workflow does not continue to step 2 (log the message to history list) and the workflow status remains “In Progress”.
Workaround (Not a solution):
Remove the “Task Status” or “Status” Column from the task list that are linked to the workflow.
Note, if you create an action “Assign a to-do item” in workflow and publish. It will create a “Task Status” column in the task list automatically. You will need to remove it again.